The additional funding was welcomed by the staff and governors since delivering high quality PE has always been a priority when setting our budget. Prior to the introduction of the new funding the school had the following PE curriculum in place:
The coach / PE Lead will provide regular CPD to develop the skills of teachers and embed a varied, inspirational, motivational curriculum. The coach / PE Lead will ensure all staff collaborate to create an effective scheme of work that underpins the quality first teaching of PE which will promote and contribute to healthy, active and happy lifestyles.
PE at Eardley will inspire children and staff to demonstrate:
- a strong commitment to making PE and school sport an important and valuable part of their lives in both school and the community.
Additionally children will also:
- know and understand what they are trying to achieve and how to go about it;
- have an understanding of how what they do in PE and school and community-based sport contributes to a healthy and active lifestyle;
- have the confidence to get involved in PE and school and community sport;
- have the skills to take part in PE and school sport while developing skills and control of their movement;
- respond effectively to a range of different competitive, creative and challenge-type activities both as individuals and as an integral part of teams and groups;
- clearly think about the concepts and skills involved in their activity and make appropriate decisions for themselves;
- show a desire to improve and achieve in relation to their abilities and aspirations;
- have the stamina, suppleness and strength to keep going;
- enjoy PE and school and community sport.